During the summer term Year 10 pupils follow a planned programme of study in PSHCE which is designed to help them prepare for, plan, undertake and evaluate their whole work experience week. The purpose of work experience and the process pupils will follow is set out below.
The aims of work experience are:
- To provide an experience of the real world of work.
- To help pupils understand and develop the key skills and personal qualities which are sought by employers in a work environment.
- To ensure that our pupils are well prepared for the adult working environment.
- To help students understand the relevance of school to future work and learning.
- To improve the employability of the pupils.
- To help pupils make informed decisions about their future careers.
- To develop maturity and self-confidence.
The key learning outcomes:
Pupils will be able to:
- Identify, understand, develop and assess the key skills and attitudes they need to survive in the world of work.
- Identify differences between school and the world of work.
- Identify and understand the importance of Health and Safety issues.
- Write a letter of application.
- Improve their interview technique, and attend interview
- Understand the concept of Equal Opportunities.