Local Governing Body
Sally Sutcliffe – Chair LGB
Laura Fielden- Headteacher
Helen Cook- Asst Headteacher Witton Park
Kieran Hinds- Staff Governor
Deborah Cowking – Governor
Steven Lancaster- Governor
- Code of Conduct
- LGB Register of Interest and Attendance Register
- Financial Statements 2016-2017
- Audit Completion Report 2016-2017
- Statement of Accounts 2015-2016
- Statement of Accounts 2014-201
LGB Parent Gov Election Invitation
There is a vacancy for a parent governor on the local governing body (LGB) of this school. Parent governors are elected by the parents of pupils at Bowland High to serve a 4 year term of office. You may, if you wish, put yourself forward for election, by completing the application shown below. The governing body is responsible for both the conduct of the school and for promoting and maintaining high standards. The governing body carries out its role by setting the vision for the school and then ensuring that the school works efficiently and effectively towards achieving its vision. It does this by building a thorough knowledge of the school and its community by supporting and constructively challenging the school, and by ensuring accountability and compliance.
The timetable for the election is:-
▪ application form to be returned to me by 12.00 noon on Monday 25th November 2019;
▪ ballot papers to be sent to all parents on Thursday 28th November; (voting will only take place if there are more applications than vacancies)
▪ ballot papers to be returned to me by 12.00 noon on Monday 9th December 2019;
▪ the votes will be counted at 2.00 pm on Monday 9th December 2019, after which the result will be published on the website.
The Department for Education have issued guidelines encouraging schools to elect governors with specific skills that the Governing Body require. Bowland’s LGB would be strengthened by a governor who has experience of one or more of the following: HR or managing personnel, financial planning or management, education provision.
Governors have an important and influential role to play in the life of our school, and I do hope you will be able to take part in this election by either becoming a candidate or by casting your vote if a ballot is required. Attached to this email, please find an application form and information about the role of parent governor.
If you require any further information about being elected to the governing body, please do not hesitate to contact Janet Sharpe on 01200 449867 or email@example.com
Receipt of your application will be acknowledged.
Returning Officer for Governor Election