Careers education is taught as an integral part of the PSHE programme from years 7-11. In years 9-11 the careers adviser takes an active role in lessons and provides guidance on an individual basis. Bowland is proud of its modern careers library. It is here that career interviews take place.
Up-to-date information and access to IT packages are available to help pupils investigate possible career choices. Work experience is an established and popular aspect of the Key Stage 4 careers education. A high percentage of our pupils manage to get into their first choice of placement.
- Code of Practice for School and Colleges
- Year 11 Careers Booklet
- Destination Summary
- Application form Y10 Mock Interview
- Y11 Career Resources Guide
- Y11 Apprenticeship Information
- Labour Market Intelligence (LMI) for the area
- Careermag for School Leavers
- Careers News 1
- Careers News 2
- Careers News 3
- Virtual Work Experience
- Post 16 Options Presentation
- Career Open Events
- Training 2000 Apprenticeship Information
- Free Careers Quiz
- Myerscough College Videos
- Amazing Apprenticeships
- Burnley College Virtual Assembly
- Blackburn College
- Blackburn College Presentation
- Craven College Virtual Assembly
- CRGS Sixth Form
- CRGS Sixth Form Presentation
- Myerscough College Presentation
- Nelson & Colne College Virtual Assembly
Links to Career Related Websites
Click on “Young People or call 0800 100 900
Regional careers magazine
Click on “Apprenticeship Vacancies”
Sponsored degrees, gap years, training providers
Useful and different careers website
Success at School
Success at School is the place for young people to explore careers, get the lowdown on top employers, and search for the latest jobs, courses and advice.
Virtual Work Experience Offer
Experience have just added some new virtual work experience opportunities that are looking for students like you to apply. Apply as soon as possible to give yourself the best chance of securing high quality work experience at a top employer and a boost to your future career aspirations.
What’s on Offer?
Dates: 9thDecember 2020Johnson Matthey: Learn about the Social Value of Science
- Age: 14+
Application Deadline: 6thDecember 2020
- Dates: 11thDecember 2020
- Age: 14+
- Application Deadline: 9thDecember 2020
- Date: 10thFebruary 2021
- Age: 14+
- Application Deadline: 20thJanuary 2021
- Dates: 15th– 19thFebruary 2021
- Age: 16+
- Application Deadline: 25thJanuary 2021
Please complete your application early as employers may make selections before the advertised deadlines.
For a full list of placements – sign in here to search and apply.
If you have any questions about the process, have forgotten your login details or are having technical issues, please get in touch with email@example.com the team will be more than happy to help.