What is BE-U Week?
Bowland Enrichment Unlimited (BE-U Week) is an important and rewarding week during the school year. It is a chance for students in Years 7, 8, 9 and 10 to take charge of their own learning journey, to challenge themselves with new experiences with no other expectation than their own curiosity. BE-U Week is a key part of our promise to deliver more than a visible curriculum and challenge pupils to achieve more than they think is possible here at Bowland High.
We have a fantastic range of in house and collaborative activities on offer this year which, as well as being great fun, have educational purposes that aim to:
- Give every pupil the opportunity to experience new situations outside of the classroom.
- Widen pupils’ horizons.
- Give pupils the opportunity to learn new skills and meet new people.
- Develop pupils’ resilience, independence and confidence.
- Promote the spiritual, moral, cultural, social and physical development of pupils.
- Prepare pupils for the opportunities and responsibilities of life in modern Britain.
When did it happen?
Tuesday 12th – Friday 15th July 2016
The list of activities is definitive but the impact is individual and is only limited by how much each student embraces the ethos of the week. We hope this programme inspires students and allows them the chance to explore and learn something new about themselves. The week ends with celebration performances and culminates in the last week of school with a full assembly giving pupils the opportunity to showcase their experiences.
Please refer to the attached Information Booklet for further information